(Images – if available – link to blog, Titles link to Facebook)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Ten Bookish People You Should Follow On Twitter/Instagram/Youtube/Snapchat/Facebook — you pick the platform of your choice to talk about all the interesting bookish people to follow! If you don’t use social media much you can pick your favorite bookish blogs or new blogs you’ve come across to follow.” We mostly follow our favourite bookish people on Facebook (though we might add one or two non-Facebook peeps as we see fit).
Celebrity Readers Picks:
(these are the folks that made both of our lists)
- Platypire Reviews — The folks at Platypire Reviews are quite frankly hilarious. There are so many Platypires, that you’re bound to find one whose views you can vibe with, and they read a wide variety of book genres. They are also the creators of the Diversity Challenge that both Curly Carla and Lenoreo are participating in.
- vs. The Writer — Shy is an absolute delight, you won’t regret interacting with her. Her reviews cover a wide range of genres, and she occasionally highlights some fantastic Indie authors.
- Just Another Girl And Her Books — Katie is a prolific reviewer who reads a wide variety of genres as well! She is also the creator of the Book Bingo challenge that Curly Carla is participating in.
- I Loves 2 Read — Anita is a delightful blogger who reads a variety of genres, with a focus on clean reads.
- The Bohemian Housewife — The ladies at The Bohemian Housewife offer a wide variety of reviews, and Lenoreo particularly likes the “The Week on Books” features that Alisha occasionally writes.
Curly Carla’s Picks:
- Black Words-White Pages Teen/Young Adult — Mostly YA books on this blog.
- Books and Bindings — These ladies review mostly adult contemporary.
- Indie Authors & Book Blogs (IABB) — the highlight for many fans is their Thursday Confessions feature where every half hour they post Anonymous Confessions that readers/authors/bloggers have previously submitted.
- The Shadow Realm — Two lovely ladies from Ireland whose reviews focus on YA and NA.
- Unofficial Book Club — LOVE these two ladies!! I actually guest reviewed for them once, and that’s what convinced me I might like to have my own blog!
- Book Junkie: Not So Anonymous — Ashley always writes such positive things, it’s always enjoyable reading her reviews.
- Saucy Books — I actually haven’t been keeping up on Facebook lately, but these ladies don’t have a blog, just the Facebook page. They mostly share sales and snippets of books to entice.
- Inked in Chapters — I just realized that all my picks thus far have been ladies I’ve met through Cassie Mae’s street team (now fan club). And Reni from Inked in Chapters is another fellow Cassie Mae fan whose reviews I now love to follow.
- Mom With a Reading Problem — I actually came across this blog on one of the Top Ten Tuesdays, and I found I really enjoyed her reviewing style, and that she had a few favourite authors in common with me. So she’s new to my list.
- Biblio Maniacs — this last one is actually a YouTube channel not a Facebook page. I don’t tend to follow a lot of YouTube channels, I’m just not a Book Tuber watcher. But one of these ladies is (you guessed it) on the Cassie Mae fan club with me, and so I’ve enjoyed watching this new channel she’s started with her sister.