(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh (or at least chuckle).”
Lenoreo’s Top Fifteen or So:
Most of my entries are there based solely on the banter of the characters. I don’t read a lot of straight up comedy, so the comedy comes from the interactions of the characters (or occasionally the internal thoughts of one of the characters).
- Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson — The hero in this story, Jason, is utterly hilarious. His food obsession was just…beyond words funny. It was over the top and awesome. Still my favourite book of the series too (and it’s free!!).
- Just One Night by Lauren Layne — Actually, all of the books in the Stiletto series have great moments of hilarity, but the bantering in this one with the super awesome Riley and Sam just put it above the others.
- Love Me Never by Sara Wolf — Isis, the heroine, is beyond hilarious. Her inner thoughts just had me in stitches.
- Accidentally Married by Victorine E. Lieske — The writing was straightforward and hilarious, and Madison in particular was so funny in her vindictiveness.
- Seduced by Stratton by Katy Regnery — Valeria in particular, was hilarious. Loved the interactions between Valeria and Stratton.
- Just a Little Kiss by Renita Pizzitola — The bantering between Mason and Felicity was awesome. Actually, this is book 3 in a series that can be read as standalones, and book 2, Just a Little Flirt, was equally awesome in its bantering hilarity. Definitely recommend.
- Unconditional by Cherie M. Hudson — And I just discovered this is book 1 in a series, gonna have to look up the next ones. This is another case of the heroine’s, Maci, head being an absolutely hilarious place to be.
- Roomies by Lindy Zart — And another super hilarious heroine, Kennedy. Her oddball eccentricities made this book, though they could occasionally push me just a bit too far.
- The Reluctant King by Rachel Higginson — I actually love all of Ms. Higginson’s work, and find that her wit and banter is found in each of the characters she creates. The funny thing about this book is that this is the first book in a spin-off series to her original 4 book Star-Crossed series, and you should probably start with the first book in the original series (Reckless Magic) before diving in here. But I just can’t say enough about Avalon, our hero for this story, and how funny he could be. He definitely found the perfect counterpart in Amelia.
- Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry — Two of my favourite authors, and they wrote a pair of MCs that had a lot of wit and just plain awesomeness.
- Tangled by Emma Chase — OK, this one is actually more popular (see? I don’t always read obscure books), and I was leery of it as such, but it was definitely popular for a reason. Drew was hilarious. Full stop. I hopefully get to meet Ms. Chase at an event in less than 2 weeks, so I’m hoping to get a signed copy for my bookshelf!
- The Libby Garrett Intervention by Kelly Oram — I love everything Kelly Oram writes, but Libby Garrett was in a world of her own…she is so unique and funny, I just loved her story.
- Prima Donna by Laura Drewry — OMG, this was my favourite book of this series of related standalones, and that was all thanks to Regan and Carter and their hilarious interactions.
- Anything For You by Sarah Mayberry — This is another one of my goto authors when I want great wit and banter with my characters, and this book was no exception.
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman — If you loved the movie, then just know that the book is the movie++. It is everything fantastic from the movie, but with just so much more. I actually haven’t read it in a long time, and need to read it again.
Oh but wait, I’m not done. Because I haven’t even mentioned my favourite author who brings a special brand of humour to each and every one of her books — Cassie Mae. I’ve listed books of hers on my TTT’s before, and didn’t want to just swamp the list with all Cassie books (though I honestly could have, seriously EVERY SINGLE BOOK of hers). So I decided to pick one series and highlight it: The Beds series that she cowrote with Tessa Marie (Theresa Paolo) under her other penname Becca Ann — King Sized Beds & Happy Trails, Beach Side Beds & Sandy Paths, Lonesome Beds & Bumpy Roads, and the prequel novella True Love & Magic Tricks. The strength of this series lies in the fantastic friendships of all the lead characters — Ryan, Lexie, Nate and Kaylee. And I cannot even begin to enumerate the hilarious scenes in these books, though my most favourite all seem to be in BSB (the gyno appt and the banana are tops).
So what books tickle your funny bone?? Have you read any on my list?? Please feel free to share your own lists or give me your suggestions!!