(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Beach Reads Week — top ten great beach reads, ten books I plan to read on the beach, ten beach reads for those who don’t like typical ~beach reads~, ten authors who are my go-to for beach reads, etc.” I went with great summer/beach reads!
Lenoreo’s Top Twenty:
OK, I’m not sure what I would personally qualify as a beach read in my mind, so I guess I went with books that take place in the summer…because that’s what I like to read about on the beach. They just get you in the right mood! And I had a hard time paring down the list, so I just didn’t. 😛
- Four Summers by Nyrae Dawn — LOVED the concept of seeing 4 magical summers for Charlotte and Nathan. It just had so much magic and yet realism.
- The Truth About Forever and Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen — I finally tried some Sarah Dessen books after hearing so much about her (and having them finally go on a sale I could afford), and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Perfect YA summer reads full of growth and intriguing characters.
- Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy — Mmmm….goddamn this book was hot! Hockey summer camp? Yes please. Especially since it was so much more. See my review here.
- Road to Somewhere by Kelley Lynn and Jenny S. Morris — This book blew me away. It was an awesome YA coming of age story that I just wasn’t expecting. And with a delicious little side romance. And a fabulous sister relationship. Yup, good stuff.
- Unlikely Allies by Tiffany King — Oh how I love Ms. King’s YAs. And this one had great suspense and lots of emotion. Can’t wait to meet her in less than a month.
- Snapshot by Angie Stanton — Even though this is the second book in the series, it can still be read as a standalone, and had a great summer feel to it with lots of heart and emotion.
- The Real Thing by Cassie Mae — One of my favourite beta boys evar, Eric is just everything. And Eric and Mia’s sweet romance had all the summer hotness.
- On The Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves — This book was made for the beach!! I mean, stranded on an island? It’s perfection! And I reread it just last fall and loved it just as much the second time around, see my review here.
- Appaloosa Summer by Tudor Robins — OK, really the whole Island Trilogy belongs on this list — it’s fantastic summer time YA goodness. See my review here.
- Just a Little Flirt and Just a Little Kiss by Renita Pizzitola — SO MUCH NA GOODNESS!! Loved both of these books, and they have great humour, snark, chemistry and just awesomeness on a college summer vacation.
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick — I didn’t love this one quite as much as many others did, but the whole Garrett family just put this book on the map for me.
- This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith — I ended this one with a big grin on my face. Movie star meets ordinary person? Yes please.
- Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram — This book was full of fun, hilarity and hijinks. Loved Ellie, she was just spunky and awesome.
- Breathless by Krista McLaughlin — The quirky adorable hero, Jon, made this whole book worth it. The story was sweet, innocent, almost too cheesy, and with some surprising depth in places.
- The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry — Great mature YA read with at times painfully realistic characters. And bonus, it’s a diverse read!
- The Road To You by Marilyn Brant — Fabulous mystery read, and I even thoroughly enjoyed that it was set in the 70s and all the touches that came along with that!
- Effortless With You by Lizzy Charles — Lucy was a bit hard to warm up to, b/c she was actually a realistic teenager, but it was nice to watch her grow up over the summer. And the book definitely ended with me smiling from ear to ear. I still need to read book 2.
- Falling for the Ghost of You by Nicole Christie — I honestly don’t remember this one too well, just that I really enjoyed it and enjoyed the characters. Reading my review makes me want to reread the book though…
So those are my recommendations! I hope you find something perfect for your summer of reading! So hit me with what makes a great beach read for you?? What are some of your recs? Or please link me to your lists, I’d love to come check them out!! Thanks for visiting!