(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Ten Books You’d Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card.”
Curly Carla’s Top
You’ll notice they are all series books. I don’t really read stand alone that much. 😉
- Playing with Fire ( The 1st freak house trilogy #2) by C.J. Archer
- Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) by Richelle Meade
- Golden Son (Red Rising #2) by Pierce Brown
- The Diary of Bink Cummings Vol. 3 by Bink Cummings
- Thoughtful (Thoughtless #1.5) by S.C. Stephens
- While We Waited (Read Brothers #8) by Tammy Falkner
- The Heart (The Siren Series #3) by Rachel Higginson
- Burnt Devotion (Imdalind #5) by Rebecca Ethington
- How to Date a Nerd (How to Series #1) by Cassie Mae
- Anomaly (Causal Enchantment #4) by K.A. Tucker
Sometimes my being a Canadian means that some of these books are more expensive for me (all prices listed are from the US Amazon site, but are prices that *I* see as a Canadian, and do not reflect the real US prices), and occasionally those awesome sales that come along are US only, so I don’t get them. So I ended up picking a wide range of books that I really want, but for some reason I just won’t bite the bullet and purchase on my own (b/c, as I’ve said many times before, I’m cheap). I think I need to figure out if my library card is still good…
ps — just because I’m not willing to pay a certain amount for a book does not mean I’m saying authors don’t deserve that much for that book. It’s just a personal thing about what I’m willing to pay. If I didn’t read as much as I do, I’d probably spend a lot more, b/c I’d be buying a lot less books altogether. But then I’d miss out on some fabulous authors that just happen to have cheaper books, so I’m ok with the way things are.
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns Complete Collection by Rae Carson — $21.61 for 3 novels and 3 novellas. I’ve read (and own) book one, but I figure I’ll probably want to finish the whole series, and since each book is $10.50 for me individually (it’s different in US prices), then this is the best deal. But I’m still not willing to pay it. See, cheap. Bring on the gift card.
- Overruled by Emma Chase — $15.30 for me. I’ve read book 2 b/c I managed to snag it on a deal, and I’m not curious about books 1 and 3, but yeah…$15 isn’t going to happen.
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma — $12.60 for me. I’ve been curious about this one for a long time, and I remain curious about this one.
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover — $10.79 for me. I mean, come on. It’s Colleen Hoover. But the reality is that I haven’t read any of her books since she got picked up by Atria. Though I actually do have a few of those books in signed paperback, b/c I’m totally willing to pay this much and more for a paperback. But in a strange turn of events, I don’t read my paperbacks as much so I have yet again not read any of her latest books. Maybe 2016 will be the year I fix that.
- The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick — $10.61 for me. I read and enjoyed My Life Next Door and fell in love with the Garrett family…so of course I’m curious for more.
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West — $8.29 for me. Technically I still haven’t read a Kasie West, though I do believe I own one. But this book just sounds ridiculously up my alley.
- Romancing the Nerd by Leah Rae Miller — $5.39 for me. At this price point (and all the next few books) it’s actually not too bad, definitely more reasonable…something’s just holding me back. I read book one in this sort of series, and really enjoyed it. I would love some more nerdy goodness.
- The Score by Elle Kennedy — $5.36 for me. I’ve read the first 2 books in this series and really enjoyed them, and would love to keep going in this series. Definitely one of those ones I’ll probably buy with any birthday gift cards that might come my way next month.
- Cuff Me by Lauren Layne — $4.69 for me. This was the brother I was actually looking forward to! I know what’s stopping me on this purchase…I didn’t enjoy the first 2 books/brothers as much as I was expecting… So even though this brother intrigues me so, I’m worried about being disappointed again. Unfortunately I was rejected from NetGalley, so now I have to make a decision on what to do.
- Hammer & Air by Amy Lane — $4.68 for me. I really love this author, and this book has intrigued me for a while…but again, my trigger finger hesitates.
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt — $4.60 for me. Damn everyone in the blogosphere for making me intrigued by this series. Unfortunately if I get this one, I’m just going to have to suck it up and get the next and the next, which is why I’m hesitating. It’s an investment.
- Reckless (Wrecked book 2) by Elle Casey — $4.22 for me. I remember thoroughly enjoying the first book, so I’m curious what happens in this followup…but $4 curious? Not sure.
- The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan — $4.11 for me. Another one of those books that everyone talked about so now I want to read it…but I have a hard time spending this much on an untried-by-me author.
And there you have it folks!! So buy us gift cards! ROFL. Kidding. Well sort of. 😛 What books are on your wishlist that you would immediately purchase with a fully loaded gift card? Share your links below!!