(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016.”
Curly Carla’s Top Ten:
- Vampire Girl (Vampire Girl #1)by Karpov Kinrade. This book was great. It’s written by a married couple. Can’t wait till I can afford books again so I can buy this one. My review.
- Agent I1: Tristan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #1) by Joni Hahn. Lots of steam in this book! And it’s Perma-Free! My review.
- Dream Chaser by Angie Stanton. A lovely book about overcoming fear. My review.
- It Took a Rumor by Carter Ashby. A really funny and cute read. My review.
- Imperfect Chemistry (Imperfect #1) by Mary Frame. I’ve been following this author for a while but this is the first book I’ve read from her. She is super funny and I loved that cast plus this book is also perma-free! My review.
- Fall Line (Downhill #1) by Tudor Robins. A very cute sports romance. My review.
- Relentless (Relentless #1) by Karen Lynch. This book is also perma free. And I enjoyed it. My review.
- The Spider Catcher (Redemption #1) by A.L. Tyler. Ohhh this book was soooo good and it’s also perma free. If you can’t tell I’m kinda broke so I gotta get those freebies when I can! My review.
- The Man I Love (The Fish Tales #1) by Suanne Laqueur. This book broke my heart then put it back together. My review.
- The Other’s Guys Bride by Connie Brockway. I am a fan of historical romances and this one was different in that it wasn’t England but Egypt. Very good book. My review.
For this week’s TTT the titles will link to my reviews, and the author name will link to their Amazon page if they have one.
- Ellie Cahill — I remember her being recommended by Cassie Mae, so I requested Call Me, Maybe and Just a Girl from NetGalley.
- Amber L. Johnson — Don’t know how I came across her, but I had Puddle Jumping on my TBR and wanted to read before the Emerald City Author Event at the end of April (which I did and got to get a signed copy and meet the author!).
- Cate Cameron — Another discovery from NetGalley, I requested Playing Defense, book 2 in the Corrigan Falls series, and then went back and bought book 1, Center Ice, and requested the third book, Winging It, from NetGalley before it came out.
- Krista & Becca Ritchie — The Addicted series has been recommended to me by many, and I had the first book, Addicted to You, and quickly bought the next 2, Ricochet and Addicted to Now, before meeting these lovely ladies at the Emerald City Author Event.
- Raine Thomas — The Daughters of Saraquel Trilogy is another series that I’ve had on my TBR for quite some time, and so I read Becoming, Central and Foretold before meeting Ms. Thomas at Utopia Con in June.
- Melissa Haag — This one is all Curly Carla’s fault. She read the Judgement of the Six series in March, and so I read those interspersed with the Judgement of the Six Companion series throughout the summer, though I’m now 2 books behind again. My reviews for Hope(less), Clay’s Hope, (Mis)fortune, Emmitt’s Treasure, (Un)wise, (Un)bidden, and (Dis)content.
- Scarlett Cole — Another author I discovered through NetGalley, I’ve read books 1 and 4 of her Second Circle Tattoos series, The Strongest Steel and The Darkest Link.
- Kelly Siskind — Yup, you guessed it, NetGalley! I read book 2 in her Over the Top series, A Fine Mess. And I have book 3 burning a hold in my pocket as we speak.
- Sarah Nicolas — It seems that NetGalley is my number one source for new authors! I requested Keeping Her Secret as I’d also requested the other Endless Summer book provided by Entangled Publishing.
- Julie Cross — Another NetGalley find, I read Ms. Cross’s first book in the Eleanor Ames series, Chasing Truth.
- Erin Fletcher — NetGalley strikes again, the first book in the Breakaway series, All Laced Up.
- Robin Bielman — And then I went NetGalley Christmas crazy, and discovered Ms. Bielman with Once Upon a Royal Christmas. And after that I bought a few of her other books.
- Kendra C. Highley — Another NetGalley find, I just finished The Bad Boy Bargain last week!
I love discovering new-to-you authors, and obviously we both did great at finding new ones to entertain us! Which new-to-you authors did you discover this year?