(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Ten Books I Loved Less/More Than I Thought I Would (recently or all time) — or you could do something like books I liked more/less than everyone else.” We’re going with Top Ten Books We Liked Less Than Everyone Else.
Curly Carla’s Top Ten:
I’m doing books I liked less than everyone else. I picked these books because my rating is less than the overall rating of them on GR and Amazon.
- Remember Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram. I barely finished this book. See my review here.
- The Lilith Scroll by B. L. Marsh. I couldn’t even finish this book. See my review here.
- Lightning in my Wake by Lila Felix. I’m hit or miss with her books, this one was a miss.
- Revelation by Randi Cooley Wilson. Too slow for me. See my review here.
- Dream of Me by Quinn Loftis. I just wasn’t feeling this one.
- Bully by Penelope Douglas. I have a love hate relationship with this series. See my review here.
- Chance by A.C. Heller. Oh boy, I did not like this book.
- A Tragic Wreck by T.K. Leigh.
- Love and Hate by Chelsea Ballinger.
- Anna by Julia Crane.
Lenoreo’s Top Ten:
This topic kind of reminded me of a Top Ten Tuesday we did last year, Top Ten Characters Everyone Loves That I Just Don’t Get. So I didn’t want this to get repetitive, so I tried to pick some different ones. I do have a few in here where it’s not that I didn’t like the book, I just expected to 5 star it like my friends, only I didn’t.
- Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City #1) by Penny Reid — This is the one that pains me the most, b/c I felt like I was missing out on the Penny Reid club, and I really wanted to be in that club. (Thankfully I finally found my Penny Reid gem just earlier this year) See my review here.
- Don’t Speak (A Modern Fairytale) by Katy Regnery — I adore Ms. Regnery, and this was my first foray into her contemporary fairytale retellings, and when I wasn’t blown away I was sooooo sad. Especially since it’s been getting fabulous reviews. See my review here.
- The Stocking Was Hung (The Holidays #1) by Tara Sivec — I know this author is really popular, but I apparently don’t have the right sense of humour. See my review here.
- Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes #1) by Beth Flynn — This book is extremely popular, but I just ended up feeling conflicted over it, and still haven’t read anymore in the series and probably won’t.
- Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts #1) by Claire Contreras — Another book that is really hyped, but I was just underwhelmed. See my review here.
- Sweet Home (Sweet Home #1) by Tillie Cole — Yup, you guessed it, another book that is loved by so many, and this one REALLY disappointed me. I’ve maybe been convinced to try the next in the series, but this one just aggravated me. See my review here.
- Love and Decay: Season Two by Rachel Higginson — This one broke my heart because I adore this author, but season two was very up and down for me, and I haven’t gotten back to the series since. See my review for volume 3, volume 4, and volume 5.
- Reaper’s Property (Reapers MC #1) by Joanna Wylde — This is the book that showed me that apparently I’m not an MC book kind of girl. See my review here.
- Taking Shots (Assassins #1) by Toni Aleo — Another really popular hockey series, and it just did not work for me. See my review here.
- Cheater (Curious Liaisons #1) by Rachel Van Dyken — And this one is kind of like the Tara Sivec book…it wasn’t the cheating that really turned me off, it was the over the top humour. See my review here.
So how about you guys? What books did you not enjoy as much as everyone else? Are you shocked by any on our lists?