(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Because we missed last week’s Stacking the Shelves, these are the books we got from the last two weeks.
Curly Carla’s Haul
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
- Bidding on Brooks (The Winslow Brothers #1) by Katy Regnery. This one is Lenore’s fault. I started reading this author because of her and now I have to snag every book that comes on sale! It’s still free!
- A Princess of Mars (Barsoom #1) by Edgar Rice Burroughs. This one is perma free I believe. It’s the second book on my Decades of Sci-Fi challenge I’m doing. It looks pretty interesting.
- Growing Calendar: The Best Guide on Planting on Planting Your Fruits and Vegetables at the Right Time by Ruth Williams. We garden, it was free. Couldn’t hurt to check it out yeah?
- 50 Quick and Easy Recipes for Breakfast by Pamela Kazmierczak. We like breakfast so why not?
- Short Tales of Cats and Other Curious Creatures by Frank Kusy. My daughter likes cats, like A LOT. It was still free today when I checked it earlier.
- The Missing Link by Brandon Meyers. This was an impulse buy because I liked the cover and blurb. I don’t know if I will really read it or not.
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
- Fanning the Flames (Going Down in Flames #4) by Chris Cannon from Entangled: Teen (Entangled Publishing, LLC) — released March 6th, 2017. I’ve read the first 3 books in this series and really adore Brynn, I can’t wait to read this next installment.
- Until You (Bachelor Brotherhood #2) by Denise Grover Swank from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) — releases May 30th, 2017. I read the first book in this series and enjoyed it (see my review for Only You here), so thought I’d continue on.
- Royal Disaster (Royal Scandal #2) by Parker Swift from Forever Yours (Grand Central Publishing) — releases April 4th, 2017. I recently read the first book, Royal Affair (see my review here), and enjoyed it despite reservations, so I’m curious what happens next for Lydia.
- Geekerella: A Fangirl Fairy Tale by Ashley Poston from Quirk Books — releases April 4th, 2017. Honestly, I requested this one so long ago I forgot about it and assumed I was getting rejected. So now my April is busier than I expected. First World Problems right?
NetGalley ARC Widgets Offered (and Taken):
- Swinging at Love (Suttonville Sentinels #2) by Kendra C. Highley from Entangled: Crush (Entangled Publishing, LLC) — releases March 13th, 2017. I read the first book in this series and ADORED it (see my review of The Bad Boy Bargain here), and so I was offered a last minute widget for this book and I said heck yes! Just started it.
Preorders That Went Live:
- A Boy Like You (Like You #1) by Ginger Scott — released on March 3rd, 2017. I read an ARC of this book and ADORED it (see my review here), and now I can’t wait to meet Ms. Scott in May at Romancing the Falls and get a paperback copy too.
- Hear No Evil (Brotherhood Trilogy #3) by Jordan Ford — released February 28th?, 2017. Another book I beta read!! I don’t have reviews for the books I beta read in this trilogy because I ended up reading earlier copies and I want to go back and read the final copy before writing out a review. Hopefully this summer. But it was a fantastic conclusion, I highly recommend the series.
Had To Get the Next Book In The Series:
- Honored (The Té-trad Tale #2) and Conquered (The Té-trad Tale #3) by M.A. Wilder — I grabbed the first book in this series based on a recommendation, and then got sucked in so had to grab the next two as I was reading it. 🙂 These two have been already been read and reviewed, Honored here and Conquered here.
Got It On Sale:
- All I Want (Alabama Summer #2) and When I Fall (Alabama Summer #3) by J. Daniels — I have the first book in this series, and I saw Deanna @A Novel Glimpse review this series at the end of December, so when I saw All I Want on a BookBub email for 99 cents from its regular $3.99, and knowing this author would be attending the Big Apple Author Event I will be attending, I snatched it up. And then when I went to this authors Facebook page and saw that book 3 was also on sale for $1.99 from its regular $3.99 as well, I figured why not? Sorry folks, this sale is over.
- Appaloosa Summer (Island Series #1), Wednesday Riders (Island Series #2), Join Up (Island Series #3), and Faults (Island Series #4) by Tudor Robins — I’ve read ARCs of the first 3 books in this series and really enjoyed them, and I have the 4th book burning a hole in my pocket…so when I saw the author announce that these books would all be free for one day, I snatched them up! Another sale that is over though.
- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon — Got an eReaderIQ alert that this one is on sale for $1.99 from its regular $3.99 (still on sale!), and even though I have the paperback, I always prefer reading on my Kindle (and keeping the pretty paperbacks for my shelf).
- Dust in the Desert (Flipped Fairy Tales) by Starla Huchton — Another eReaderIQ alert, this one for free from its usual $2.99 (not still on sale). I’ve read the previous book in this series of flipped fairy tales, and we saw hints of this story so I’ve been curious about it.