(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Curly Carla’s Haul
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
- The View from Endless Street: Short Stories from the South of England by Rebecca Lloyd. I like short stories so…
- Children’s Book of Experiments: 30 Incredible Experiments for Young Scientists (Educational series for kids 7-9 years 1) by Jaroslaw Wasilewski. We love science so…
- 100 Famous Inspirational Quotes with Comments: Greatest motivational quotes with insightful comments about life, happiness, success and more! by Kevin J. Smith. I Like inspirational quotes so…
- Excellent homemade bread. Cookbook: 25 simple recipes for baking in your oven by David Hill. I like to bake…you see where I’m going with this, yeah?
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipes Cookbook: Delicious and Healthy WWSP Recipes that help you lose weight fast by Johnny Markus. I am currently on WW so you may see more of these. I do love this program.
- The Truth About Us by Allie Martin writing as TJ Hannah. I saw this being promo’d in one of the groups I’m and guess what? IT’S NOT A SERIES! So I snatched it up. You know how many books I’ve had to back away from because they were series? This challenge is killing me!
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
- Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers #3) by Sarina Bowen from Berkley (Berkley Publishing Group) — releases May 2nd, 2017. I might have squeeeeed out loud when I got the approval for this one. They are highly coveted, so I felt very lucky to be considered. I love this author, and enjoyed the previous two books in this series (see my reviews for Rookie Move and Hard Hitter). She’s another author I’m hoping to meet at the Big Apple Author Event I will be attending.
Preorders That Went Live:
- Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting #1) by Cindi Madsen — released on March 13th, 2017. I read an ARC of this book and ADORED it (see my review here), so of course I preordered it.
- Drunk in Love: Twenty Sweet and Steamy Romantic Wedding Stories by Various Authors — released March 13th, 2017. This anthology features a few of my favourite authors, is only 99 cents, and the proceeds go to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, so it was a no brainer for me!
Newsletter Signup Freebies:
- What a Kiss Is by Jolene Perry — This one was formerly published under the title Spill Over, which I actually already had. But I wanted to sign up for Ms. Perry’s newsletter, so it all worked out. If you want your own copy, check it out on InstaFreebie.
- Wasted Words by Staci Hart — I’ve seen some mixed reviews for this book, but was still curious about it. So when I saw it offered as a freebie on Penny Reid’s newsletter, I decided to take advantage!
- Complicated (a Chaos Novella, Songbird #9.5) by Melissa Pearl — I actually got this one at the end of February, but I kind of forgot about it because I beta read it earlier in the month. This is one of two free novellas offered to subscribers of Melissa Pearl’s Mailing List — you can subscribe here. This is another book I need to get my review written for! I’m so behind. I don’t know why I didn’t write this one right away…I think because my laptop got stolen the day after I finished beta-reading it.
Got It On Sale:
- Desperately Seeking EpicDesperately Seeking Epic by B.N. Toler — I’ve seen this one around, and when I was looking at the authors attending the Big Apple Author Event I will be attending I thought it sounded interesting so I wishlisted it. I just got an eReaderIQ alert today that it was on sale for 99 cents from its usual $3.99, so I one-clicked!
- The Rousseaus Boxed Set (The Rousseaus #1-3, Blueberry Lane #12-14) by Katy Regnery — I was lucky enough to read ARCs of these three books in November (see my reviews for Jonquils for Jax, Marry Me Mad, and J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis) and loved them all, so when I got an eReaderIQ alert today that it was on sale for 99 cents from its usual $9.99, I decided to go for it! I like having boxed sets, it cleans up my Kindle. This is an author I’m hoping to meet this May at Romancing the Falls and have already preordered paperback copies of these 3.