(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Curly Carla’s Haul
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
Freebies on Amazon:
- The Secret of the Sphinx (Kid Quest Adventures Book 1) By J. K. Drew. I got this book for my daughter, it’s still FREE!
- Only A Kiss by Ines Bautista-Yao. This book was free on a promotional post I saw. It looks like a cute short story. It’s back up to 2.99 now.
- Insignificant (Anything But #3) By Lindy Zart. I have the first two already and I can finish this series now! It went back up to 2.99.
- 1981: Jessie’s Girl (Love in the 80s #2) by Lindy Zart. It’s free as of today! It’s a short story standalone which I use in between finishing my series.
- How to Cook Restaurant-Quality Burgers by Tony James Miller. We love to experiment with burgers so I had to get this one.
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
- The Baby Bombshell (Shadow Creek Montana #2) by Victoria James from Entangled: Bliss (Entangled Publishing LLC) — releases April 10th, 2017. I read book one in this series and thoroughly enjoyed it (see my review here), and I knew even then I would be keeping my eyes peeled for Jack and Lily’s story.
- Incriminating Dating by Rebekah L. Purdy from Entangled: Crush (Entangled Publishing LLC) — releases April 10th, 2017. I’m a sucker for most books in this line by Entangled, and I couldn’t help myself.
- Remember Me Forever (Lovely Vicious #3) by Sara Wolf from Entangled: Teen (Entangled Publishing LLC) — releases May 2nd, 2017. Another book that I’ve read the previous books in the series and absolutely LOVED them (see my reviews for Love Me Never and Forget Me Always), and have been waiting impatiently for what I believe is the final book. I was so excited to get approved.
Preorders That Went Live:
- Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye #1) by Sarina Bowen — released on March 21st, 2017. I adore this author, especially her M/M stuff, so I was definitely excited about a new one. Can’t wait to fit this in. She’s an author I’m hoping to meet at the Big Apple Author Event I will be attending.
- Mad About Matt (A Red Maple Falls Novel #1) by Theresa Paolo — released on March 18th, 2017. This is an author that I have enjoyed in the past (especially the books she’s co-written with Cassie Mae), and so I grabbed this new release! Especially since its being marketed as being similar to Katy Regnery’s Blueberry Lane novels, which I adore.
Recommended by a Blog I Follow:
- Altercation (Playmaker Duet #1, Prescott Family #2) and Breakaway (Playmaker Duet #0.5, Prescott Family #1.75) by Mignon Mykel — So I recently read this review by Deanna @A Novel Glimpse for Altercation, and I had been curious after her reviews of the two prequels (one of which is Breakaway), so when I saw Altercation was on a release sale of 99 cents, I figured I should go for it! Here’s hoping this is another one of those times where my tastes match up!
Got It On Sale:
- Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers #1) by Sarina Bowen — I was able to read a NetGalley ARC of this book in the fall and enjoyed it (see my review here), so I put it on my wishlist. So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that the price had dropped to $1.99 from its regular $2.99 I grabbed it (still on sale). Honestly, I don’t think $2.99 is its regular price, or at least whoever has the Canadian rights does not have that as the price, since the other two books in the series are $7+ for me… I totes would have bought this if it was $2.99 I’m sure, so I was just excited that the sale price was for me too and snatched it up. Same author as above for Goodbye Paradise, gonna be getting a lot of books signed by her at the Big Apple Author Event.
- Completely Yours (Opposites Attract #1) by Erin Nicholas — Another book I read the NetGalley ARC of and really enjoyed (see my review here), and I just finished book 2, which was fabulous as well (see that review here). When I was writing up my review for book 2, I noticed the price drop on Completely Yours and so I snatched it up. Not sure what the regular price is, but I can get down with $1.99. 🙂
- Blissfully Married (Married #4) by Victorine E. Lieske — I follow this author on BookBub, so BookBub made sure to tell me that this book was free!! I really need to get back into this series. Alas, it was a one day deal and is now over.