(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
- Show Me by Abigail Strom from Montlake Romance — releases January 2nd, 2018. An astronaut, a sheltered heroine, and do I smell an unexpected pregnancy? YES! Plus that cover alone had me requesting!
- The Corner of Forever and Always (Everland, Georgia #2) by Lia Riley from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) — released September 26th, 2017. This is all Lillian @Mom With a Reading Problem‘s fault. I read her review, and she sold me. Then I saw that this author will be attending Apollycon 2018 in Washington, D.C. next March, and I figured it was worth a shot trying to request. SCORE!
- Man Candy (Real Love #3) by Jessica Lemmon from Loveswept (Random House Publishing Group – Loveswept) — releases January 9th, 2018. I’ve read the first book in this series (read the review for Eye Candy) and I have an ARC of the 2nd book that I’m overdue on, so now I can finish off the trilogy.
NetGalley ARC Widgets Offered (and Taken):
- Christmas in Kilts by Terri Brisbin, Lecia Cornwall, Bronwen Evans, Lavinia Kent, and May McGoldrick from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases October 31st, 2017. I will admit, I don’t usually go for historical books…but who can resist men in kilts, am I right? Plus, I need more books for my 12 Books of Christmas Challenge (yeah right).
ARCs from Authors/PR Companies:
- Unloved by Katy Regnery — releases October 8th, 2017. No preorder on Amazon (though it is on preorder on the other vendors, I’m just too lazy to post links).
- Filthy Beautiful Lies (Filthy Beautiful Lies #1) by Kendall Ryan — I seem to be a newsletter subscriber of Staci Hart (I’m assuming because of some giveaway, I don’t question), and this was a book that was being offered for free for her newsletter subscribers (which will likely sign me up for Ms. Ryan’s newsletter now). I noticed that this author will be attending both Apollycon 2018 and Book Bonanza, so I figured why not give her a shot with a free book? Although in preparing this post, I just noticed that this book is also free on Amazon, so I could have just got it there. In fact, maybe I will do that…then when I review it, it will actually be a verified purchase. Excuse me while I talk to myself. 😛
- Butterfly Tattoo: Ultimate Edition by Deidre Knight — Birthday Present from my partner in crime, Curly Carla!! For the life of me, I can’t remember how I came across this one, but I know it was recommended!
- Rather Be (Songbird #10) by Melissa Pearl — I won this book during Ms. Pearl’s Songbird Read-a-thon this summer!! Which is fantastic, b/c I had the privilege of beta reading this one, so I’m so happy I can now put it on my shelf and pet it!
- A Girl Like Me (Like Us #2) by Ginger Scott — I was able to meet Ms. Scott at Romancing the Falls in May this year, and I collected a large stack of her books signed (and no, they’re not on any Stacking the Shelves, b/c I kept putting it off, and now it seems silly). Unfortunately this second book in the duo wasn’t out yet, so when Ms. Scott put up signed copies for sale on her website, you can bet I took advantage. I can’t have the first and not the second!
- First & Then by Emma Mills — I think Deanna @A Novel Glimpse keeps pimping this author, so I snagged it.
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns #1), The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) and Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy #1) by Rae Carson — I’ve read The Girl of Fire and Thorns and really enjoyed it, but have yet to finish the series. So I grabbed these two on the cheap, and thought I’d snag the first in another of Ms. Carson’s series for cheap too.
- Forget Me Always (Lovely Vicious #2) by Sara Wolf — I LOVE this series, and already snagged the first book from Book Outlet, so I was stoked to find this one there as well.
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen — I’ve read 2 YA’s by Ms. Dessen and loved them both, so figured why not grab another on the cheap?
- The Fill-In Boyfriend and On the Fence by Kasie West — I haven’t read any of Ms. West’s books, but they come highly recommended.
- Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik — I read my first book by Ms. LaZebnik this year and really enjoyed it, so figured I’d grab another.
- Appealed (The Legal Briefs #3) by Emma Chase — I’ve only read the second book in this series, but I LOVED it. So I snagged this one too, to either get signed at the Big Apple Author Event in October, or Apollycon in March.
- Harry Potter Box Set: The Complete Collection (Harry Potter #1-7) by J.K. Rowling — This is all the fault of an Instagram Challenge I was participating in. The theme one day was your HP collections, and I realized I only have one set…and I’ve always wanted this rainbow set. And then I saw it on Book Outlet, and it was all over from there.
Got the Paperback:
(I got all of these in anticipation of the Big Apple Author Event October 2017, Apollycon March 2018, or Book Bonanza July 2018)
- Him (Him #1), Us (Him #2), Good Boy (WAGs #1), and Stay (WAGs #2) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy — I love all of these books, and while yes, I could have preordered them from Ms. Bowen for BAAE, they would have come with signed book plates from Ms. Kennedy. But since I’m hoping to meet Ms. Kennedy at Apollycon, I kind of wanted to get her autograph then.
- Them (Him & Her #3) by Carey Heywood — Something went wrong in my pre-order for BAAE, and this book got missed…so guess I’m bringing it with me!
- Royally Matched (Royally #2) and Royally Endowed (Royally #3) by Emma Chase — I still haven’t read this series, but I took a leap of faith. Now to decide whether I drag these to BAAE, or wait to read them first and bring them to Apollycon.
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover — When the paperback is temporarily cheaper than the Kindle version, I go for it…and maybe if I love it, I’ll bring it to Book Bonanza with me.
Got It On Sale:
- Cinderella Screwed Me Over by Cindi Madsen — I love this author, and so when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for 99 cents from its usual $5.99, I one-clicked! Still on sale! And bonus, I get to meet her again at Apollycon!
- Paper Fools (Hearts and Arrows #1) by Staci Hart — This author will be attending the Big Apple Author Event in October, and so when I saw her mention in the BAAE Facebook Group that this book was on sale for free (and the next two books were 99 cents to celebrate her upcoming release of the 3rd book), I figured I’d take a chance. I just finished it and unfortunately it wasn’t quite my cup of tea (see my review here). Still free (usually $2.99 I think).
8 thoughts on “Stacking the Shelves — September 30th, 2017”
So glad Rather Be is on your shelf now 🙂 xxx
Wow, you got a lot of books! I hope you enjoy them all.
I had so much fun with Rae Carson’s Fire and Thorns trilogy but I never got around to reading her new series. I just have to rectify that soon. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Harry Potter set I didn’t love, so I keep on buying while telling myself new editions just keep on appearing in my house. Whoops :’)
New adult paperbacks can be so expensive that it’s pretty cool when a physical copy is cheaper than the e-book. I love Elle Kennedy, and now I’d like to look more into Eye Candy too. 🙂 I hope you have a great reading month for October!
Son of a… Now I need a dang rainbow Harry Potter set! Those covers ❤ ! I'm just not sure I can convince my husband I need a second set of Harry Potter books for not reading. (To be clear, I already have one set of Harry Potter books that are never to be opened, and two sets that can be read.)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow, that is A LOT of books, congratulations 🙂 hope you can read as fast as you haul 😀 (I know I can’t!)
Have a great reading week 🙂
Ooooh, I wonder if they have a book outlet here…… I should take a look. The Fill In Boyfriend sounds intriguing.
[…] Stacking the Shelves — September 30th, 2017 – Lenoreo @Celebrity Readers […]
[…] Stacking the Shelves — September 30th, 2017 – Lenoreo @Celebrity Readers […]
Comments are closed.