(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. We had a bit of a hiatus last week, but we’re back!! This week’s topic is “Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim (however you decide to interpret that (bought or read or something else) — I know most people read based on recommendation but we want to know those books you picked up without really hearing about or knowing much about!).”
Curly Carla’s Top Ten:
- Pride by Sienna Valentine- a bad boy and amish girl romance. I think it speaks for itself. 🙂 Found this little gem scrolling through FB, it was on sale so I thought, “What the hey?”
- The Kiss that Killed Me by Kristy Nicole – Mermaid/roman god book. I have a weakness for all mythology books. If it has to do with any roman gods, I snatch that sucker up fast. I saw this book at an online event I went to. See my review here.
- Wine and Whiskey by Nikki Belaire – Bad boy, good girl romance. Seeing a pattern here. I do love my alphas. I picked this one up at an online event as well. See my review here.
- Wicked Steps by Cory Cyr – Step romance. I read the blurb in an online magazine if I remember correctly. I love step romances and had already read one of this authors books already. See my review here.
- Second Chance for Love: A romance anthology by various authors but the reason I bought it was because Caroline Andrus wrote a story in it and I’ve been stalking her pretty regularly so I thought I should read one of her books.
- Coming in from the Cold by Sarina Bowen – I’ve read her before and I liked the cover.
- Dire (The Dire Wolves book 1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy- I’ve read another trilogy by this author that I loved and since I love shifter books, I picked it up. See my review here.
- Vampire Girl by Karpov Kinrade – Vampire book obvi, I don’t even remember how I found this one, most likely scrolling through FB and saw a sale or someone recommend it. That’s honestly where I get most of my book purchases.
- Wind Warrior by Jon Messenger – FREE! I’ve read him before and the blurb sounded interesting.
- Bitterroot by Heather Hildenbrand and S.M. Reine – FREE! Another shifter trilogy. I’ve read HH before and loved her Dirty Blood Series so I wanted to see what this had to offer. See my review here.
Lenoreo’s Top Ten:
This was a tough one for me because I get most of my books from some form of recommendation, sometimes even just seeing people I follow add books on their Goodreads shelf and it brings it to my attention. So I had to figure out what constitutes a “whim”. And I didn’t just pick books I’ve already read, b/c that would have taken me quite a while to narrow down a list. So these are just the most recent books I’ve added to my list that I just came across, either from BookBub, or on NetGalley, or one of those Amazon e-mails.
- Waking Up Alive by Emma Shortt — OK, this was a weird one. I came across this one because an author I follow stumbled upon that cover and shared it. And once I read the synopsis, I was intrigued…and yes, maybe I wanted to add another potential Diversity read. 😛
- Crazy, Stupid, Fauxmance by Shellee Roberts — Saw that adorable cover on NetGalley and had to find out more. This is one I actually read already — and it turned out not bad! And bonus points for the Diversity read. See my review here.
- Flirting with Fame by Samantha Joyce — Another adorable cover sucked me in on NetGalley! And another Diversity read…woop woop!! And again, it was a pretty good read. See my review here.
- All the Glory: How Jason Bradley Went from Hero to Zero in Ten Seconds Flat by Elle Casey — I don’t actually pay too much attention to those Amazon recommendation emails, but I’m pretty sure that’s where I discovered this one. And it was on sale. So hmmm…that doesn’t make sense. Maybe I found it on BookBub? I’ve had this author recommended to me quite a bit, so it was a no-brainer. It was not bad. Not terrible, but a little odd. See my review here.
- Playing Defense by Cate Cameron — Another adorable cover on NetGalley!! I mean, skating couple?? Yes please! And then I read and find out it’s a YA hockey book? Yay! And it was super cute, and I totally went back and read the first book after this. Love when a book whim works out this well! See the review here.
- You for Christmas by Madeline Ash — I honestly have no idea how I came across this one, but I’m guessing BookBub again. And it turned into my favourite Christmas read from my 2015 Christmas read-a-thon. See my review here.
- Right Here Waiting by Lucy Gage — Another one I have no idea how I came across, but I’m guessing BookBub. Haven’t read this one yet.
- Surviving Broken by Beverly Preston — Again, on Goodreads it’s on my “got-on-sale-or-free” shelf, so I’m guessing I came across it on BookBub. Or maybe Rock Stars of Romance? Haven’t gotten to it yet.
- Warrior Beautiful by Wendy Knight — Look at that, another book I have no idea how I came across. 🙂
- Kiss Me Hard Before You Go by Shannon McCrimmon — And again, no idea how I came across this book. But again, got it on sale, so I’m guessing BookBub or one of those.
As always, thank you so much for joining us and checking out our lists!! What are some books you recently picked up on a whim? Please feel free to share your TTT’s and we’ll come take a look!!