(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to).”
Curly Carla’s Top
- The Player and the Pixie (Rugby #2) by Penny Reid & L.H. Cosway. I loved The Hooker and the Hermit so much I immediately pre-ordered this when it became available. It’s still sitting in my queue.
- Logan Kade by Tijan. I’m a huge fan of this series for some reason. It’s like my guilty pleasure.
- Us (Him #2) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy. Own it, haven’t read it yet. This could count towards my series reading challenge.
- Shroud of Lies (Brewer Brothers #3) by Nancy Straight. Been attempting to finish this series for a while.
- Always April (Reed Brothers #9.6) by Tammy Falkner. Yep, you read that right. I’m dee in this series. Not sure if it will ever end. Don’t know that I care though.
- Hidden Realms: A Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Bundle by Various Authors. I love anthologies and this one was and is still FREE!
- Broken Records by Cassie Mae & Tessa Marie — It freaking kills me that I didn’t get to this book. 2016 was the first year I didn’t read all of my favourite authors books as soon as they came out.
- Southern Kicks by Cassie Mae — This is a novella that was part of the Curl Up With a Cowboy anthology that came out in April (no longer available). And yet again, I didn’t get to this one! UGH!!
- #Swag (GearShark #3) by Cambria Hebert — I have a SIGNED PERSONALIZED paperback of this one from when I met this author at UtopiaCon, and I still haven’t read it. I blame not having the Kindle copy, but really it’s just that I haven’t gotten to it.
- #Bae (Hashtag #7) by Cambria Hebert — This beauty came out on my BIRTHDAY, and I preordered, and even ordered a SIGNED PERSONALIZED paperback (that I finally got, b/c I had it sent to my hubby’s US office…long story, sorry), but I haven’t gotten to it!! IT’S KILLING ME!!! I was in a slump though! So I decided to reread the series. And then I got behind on my ARCs. And now it’s today.
- East of Redemption (Love on the Edge #2) by Molly E. Lee — This was an ARC I generously received this summer, and then it kept getting pushed back for ARCs whose release days were coming up. I did end up buying like the rest of the series, so at least when I get to it I can just binge the crap out of it. But seriously. This one makes me feel super shitty.
- Anatomy of a Player (Taking Shots #2) and Crazy Pucking Love (Taking Shots #3) by Cindi Madsen — I reread book one (Getting Lucky Number Seven) this summer and had high hopes to continue this series, getting the second one on sale and the 3rd one as a NetGalley ARC…and then things just fell through. :S
- The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon — I love this author, and am super intrigued by this book…it has so many great reviews. But yet, I didn’t get to it.
- Luke’s Dream (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #3) by Melissa Haag — I started reading this series (and the related Judgement of the Six series) this summer after being convinced by Curly Carla’s reviews. But then I got caught up and this one wasn’t out yet, and so I preordered and moved on to something else. I really need to get back. Maybe when Carlos’s book comes out I’ll get back.
- The Score (Off-Campus #3) by Elle Kennedy — I managed to snag the first two in this series late 2015, and thoroughly enjoyed them, but then waited for a sale on this one. I should have just sucked it up. Now I need to get back to it.
- Royally Screwed (Royally #1) by Emma Chase — I was so looking forward to this book all year, and then I didn’t read it. *rolls eyes* I also didn’t buy it on Kindle, but did grab it in Paperback. It’s probably why I was screwed when it comes to reading it.