(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Thanksgiving freebie — tell us what you are thankful for! Books you are thankful for!”
Curly Carla’s Top Ten:
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown — You guys, I can’t sing the praises of this book enough. I read this recently and I will forever be in awe of this author. And he is now an instant one click when he comes out with new books. My review.
- Dragonfly by Leigh Talbot Moore — This series is one of my favorites and a go to for re-reading on a regular basis. Great story of love told over generations. My review.
- You Can’t Catch Me by Cassie Mae — This book should be required reading for all girls in HS IMO. Everyone could benefit from this book. My review.
- Veined (Guardians of the Angels Book 1) by Anyta Sunday — One of my favorite paranormal love stories of all time. I also re-read this one regularly. My review.
- The Butter Battle Book by Dr. Seuss — This book teaches complex ideas to kids in small bite sized chunks they can easily swallow. My review.
- Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram — Another great re-telling! And diverse as well. Such great characters that are more than what they appear on the surface. This book made me think. I love when books do that. My review.
- Left Drowning by Jessica Park –Ugh, the feels you guys, the FEELS! If for no other reason you buy this book, do it for the FEELS. My review on Goodreads.
- The History of Us by Nyrae Dawn — A great look in to the history of being gay in America. It was a wonderful book. My review.
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton — Did you know she was only 15 when she wrote this book?!! Its wonderful. My review on Goodreads.
- Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson — It wouldn’t be a list of I didn’t throw a little RH in here. My love for her books has been the catalyst to bring me in to the literary world. Allowing me to make great friendships as well as start this blogging venture with Lenore. Without which this post wouldn’t be here!
I don’t know if you can tell but emotions play a large role on the books that effect my life, Doubly so when they have real life parallels to them. I enjoy learning, always have, so I chose books that made me think as well as entertained me. I have never been more grateful for being able to learn through reading as I am this year. So go read a book or an article or the subtitles on a movie. You would be amazed at the difference it makes in your enjoyment of it.