(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Lenore: You guys, I haven’t done one of these since the end of September, b/c between Thanksgiving and a trip to NYC I’ve been swamped. So this is likely going to be LONG. Four weeks worth long. And I’m not even going to include the paperbacks I got from the Big Apple Author Event.
Curly Carla’s Haul
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
- Hooking Up by Helena Hunting from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases November 7th, 2017. Lenore let me know when this was up for grabs on netgalley, and I got it! I’m a huge fan of HH so of course I had to read this! And it didn’t disappoint, my review will be up soon.
- Something in the Way (Something in the Way #1) by Jessica Hawkins from the author — released February 27th, 2017. I’m also a big fan of JH. And Lenore reminded me when this was available on netgalley. I really don’t deserve her. But I’m not giving her up so don’t let her know I said that. 😉
- Finding Me (Xtreme Bachelor #2) by Caylie Marcoe — released October 18th, 2017. I had the immense pleasure of alpha and beta reading this book. It’s pretty fantastic. And I Flove the cover! Read my review here.
- Shattered Stars (Broken Skies #3) by Theresa Kay — released October 26th, 2017. I was lucky enough to alpha and beta read this one too! I have been waiting pretty patiently for this one to come out for a while. It was worth the wait!
Books I Purchased:
- Beard in Mind (The Winston Brothers #4) by Penny Reid — I think I may have read all PR’s books, I’d have to double check though. Anyway, I didn’t know this was even out yet, so I had to remedy the fact that I didn’t own it.
Got It On Sale:
- Fatal Trust by Diana Miller — It looked good when I read the blurb, I was looking for something Halloweenie, plus it was free at the time so I figured, what have I got to lose?
- The Bohemian and the Businessman (The Story Sisters #1) — I think this went on sale a while back and I have read some of her other books and enjoyed them so yeah, a no brainer really.
- A Christmas Homecoming (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #5) by Melissa McClone. I was looking for some books for a Xmas reading challenge that is being hosted by Just Another Girl And Her Books (in association with Caroline Andrus ~ Blogger/Author) called The 12 books of Christmas challenge. Which you can sign up for here. #12booksofchristmas . Hot damn that’s a lot of links!
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
- Nailed It by Cindi Madsen from Entangled: Amara (Entangled Publishing LLC) — released October 23rd, 2017. I’ve already read this book, and unfortunately it was only OK for me (see my review here).
- ‘Tis the Season Bundle by Aimee Carson, Amy Andrews, Heidi Rice, and Kate Hardy from Entangled: Indulgence (Entangled Publishing LLC) — released December 9th, 2013. This is an older release, but I’m always looking for more Christmas reads (especially for my 12 Books of Christmas Challenge).
- Hooking Up by Helena Hunting from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases November 7th, 2017. I’m not sure if these books are related at all, other than in style, but Curly Carla loved Ms. Hunting’s Shacking Up (see her review here), so when I saw this for request (and knowing this author will be at both Apollycon 2018 and Book Bonanza), I went for it.
- Fake Wife by Stacey Lynn from Loveswept (Random House Publishing Group – Loveswept) — releases January 9th, 2018. What can I say? I love fake relationship romances.
- Van (Cold Fury Hockey #9) by Sawyer Bennett from Loveswept (Random House Publishing Group – Loveswept) — releases November 28th, 2017. I’ve read the sixth book in this series (read my review for Max) and really enjoyed it, so I wanted to check out another book in this world. Also, this author will be attending Book Bonanza…though since these books are digital only, that will probably just frustrate me if I love it.
- Bad Princess by Julianna Keyes from the author — releases November 27th, 2017. This just sounds awesome…I love royalty stories.
- Merrily in Love (The Littleton Brothers #3) by Melissa West from Lyrical Shine (Kensington Books) — releases November 7th, 2017. Another book for my 12 Books of Christmas Challenge.
- The First Kiss Hypothesis by Christina Mandelski from Entangled: Crush (Entangled Publishing LLC) — releases November 7th, 2017. Love this line by Entangled. And always love friends to lovers stories.
- Offsetting Penalties by Ally Mathews from Entangled: Crush (Entangled Publishing LLC) — releases November 7th, 2017. A football player taking ballet?? YES PLEASE!
NetGalley ARC Widgets Offered (and Taken):
- Dance With Me (Dance Off #2) by Alexis Daria from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases December 12th, 2017. I recently read the first book in this series (read my review for Take the Lead) and enjoyed it. So when I was offered a widget for this book, I said yes please!
ARCs from Authors/PR Companies:
- Bountiful (True North #4) by Sarina Bowen — released October 20th, 2017. I LOVED this book (read my review here), and LOVED Dave Beringer. I even tried to find him when I was in Brooklyn, but alas, no luck. This could have also gone under the next heading, b/c I did preorder it as well.
- The Perfect Couple (Passion, Vows & Babies Kindle Worlds Novella) by Ginger Scott — released October 18th, 2017. This was a surprise release, so I haven’t had a chance to read it yet! But I’m really looking forward to it.
Preorders That Went Live:
- The Princess and the Pizza Man (Destined for Love: Mansions) by Cassie Mae — released October 3rd, 2017. This one was so cute! Read my review here.
- Hung Up on Hadley (Red Maple Falls #5) by Theresa Paolo — released October 10th, 2017. I’ve been collecting this series, especially because this author often has preorder/release day sales! I just need to find the time to get started!
- Unloved by Katy Regnery — released October 8th, 2017. I ADORED this book you guys. Like LOVED it. You can read my review here. So of course I had to get the final copy.
- Strike Out (Barlow Sisters #2) by Jordan Ford — released October 20th, 2017. I beta read this baby!! LOVE Max and Cairo! Of course I haven’t written my review yet. Whoops. I’m getting really bad at this in my later beta reading years.
- Finding Me (Xtreme Bachelor #2) by Caylie Marcoe — released October 18th, 2017. See? Another amazing book I beta read but have yet to write a review for. You guys, it’s an epidemic. But this book is SO F-ING GOOD, go buy it now!!
- Shattered Stars (Broken Skies #3) by Theresa Kay — released October 26th, 2017. If you guessed I beta read this one too, you would be correct!! And yet again, no review to show for it! *sigh* But trust me when I say this trilogy conclusion was all that and a bag of chips, and is hands down my favourite dystopian/sci-fi series of all time.
Had To Get The Next In The Series:
- Cuff Me (New York’s Finest #3) by Lauren Layne — While I had the paperback of this book already, I rarely read paperbacks anymore. And since I wanted to read this before the Big Apple Author Event I just attended a few weeks ago, I sucked it up and bought the Kindle version. Luckily it was a hit for me, read my review here.
Got It On Sale:
- Damaged Like Us (Like Us #1) by Krista & Becca Ritchie — I’ve read a few books in the series this is a spin off of, so when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for $1.60 from its usual $3.99 I snagged it! Still on sale!
- Dating-ish (Knitting in the City #6) by Penny Reid — I’m always on the look out for Penny Reid sales, so when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for $1.99 from its usual $5.99, I grabbed it quick! And good thing, b/c that was a quickie sale (ie it’s over). I’ve met her twice already, but I’m going to try to read this before my next opportunity to meet her at Apollycon 2018.
- The Kidnapped Christmas Bride (Taming of the Sheehans #3, A Marietta Christmas #5) by Jane Porter — Saw this one on BookBub for free from its usual $3.99, and figured I’d add to my Christmas book collection. Still on sale!
- Say Yes (Bound to be Naughty) by J.R. Gray — I was cleaning up my wishlist, and I’d had this one on there from when I read Curly Carla’s review here. But then it disappeared from Amazon for awhile. It’s back now! Technically I don’t know if this one is on sale for 99 cents, or if that’s it’s always price, but I stick it in this section anyways.
- The Proposing Kind (Brew Ha Ha #4) by Bria Quinlan — I’ve only read one book in this series, but I love Ms. Quinlan’s books, so when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for $2.20 from its usual $3.99, I snatched it up! Still on sale!
- Falling for Colton (Falling #5) by Jasinda Wilder — I loved the first book in this series, and I believe this is a prequel of sorts. So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for free from its usual $4.99 I snagged it! Still free!
- Sacked (Gridiron #1) by Jen Frederick — This author will be attending Apollycon 2018, and I’ve read some great reviews for this book by bloggers I follow, so I put it on my wishlist. So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for 99 cents from its usual $3.99 I one-clicked! Alas, sale is over.
- Bedmates (American Royalty #1) by Nichole Chase — I really enjoy this author, and have wanted to read this book for FOREVER! But since it was traditionally published, and whomever has the Canadian rights decided the Kindle version should be $10 (instead of the $4.99 for the US), I wishlisted and held off. And it’s been so frustrating, b/c every time it went on sale, it wouldn’t be for me in Canada. So when I got another eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for $1.99 from its usual “$4.99”, I scoffed…but this ONE TIME it was for me too!! And I’m so excited, b/c this author is attending both Apollycon 2018 and Book Bonanza, so I can’t wait to read this in the next few months! No longer on sale (for me, or for US).
- Bound by the Past (Clandestine #1, Lowell High School #1) by Mari Carr — I read this book awhile ago and really enjoyed it, but I can’t remember how I got it originally. It was republished recently and I wishlisted it (I don’t remember why), so when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for free from its usual $4.99 I snagged it. No longer on sale.
- The Touch (The Cotiere Chronicles #2) by Michelle Bolanger — I have the paperback of this book but, as I’ve said, I just don’t read them…so I wishlisted the kindle version. But I kept missing the sales! So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for 99 cents from its usual $3.99 I snagged it! Still on sale! And if you need to be convinced, read Curly Carla’s review here.
- Cross Check (Bayard Hockey #2) by Kelly Jamieson — I read and really enjoyed a NetGalley ARC of this book (read my review here). So when I saw this one on BookBub for $1.99 from its usual $4.99, I added it to my collection! No longer on sale.
- Justice Buried (Starbright #1) by Hilary Thompson — Curly Carla shared this sale on the Facebook page, when it was free! But honestly, it’s only 99 cents…so still a great deal.
- Reach You (Second Chances #5) by Mari Carr — I tend to enjoy Ms. Carr’s books, so when I saw this one on BookBub for free from its usual $3.99, I figured why not?! Still free!
- Roar (Stormheart #1) by Cora Carmack — I have no idea how I knew this one was on sale. I think I was cleaning up my eReaderIQ lists, and while this one hadn’t hit my $2 threshold and so I didn’t get a notice, knowing that it’s usually like $10 for me, when I saw it was $2.99 I snagged it. No longer on sale. Hoping to read this one in the next few months, because this is another author who will be attending both Apollycon 2018 and Book Bonanza.
- Beard in Mind (Winston Brothers #4) by Penny Reid — Another new Penny Reid book wishlisted, another eReaderIQ alert about a rare/quick sale (for $1.99 from its usual $5.99)! Glad I caught it!
- The Christmas Secret (Marvells of Montana #2, Secrets of Cherry Lake #7) by Jeannie Watt — Saw this one on BookBub for free from its usual $2.99, and figured I’d add to my Christmas book collection. Still free!
- The Christmas Wedding Quilt: Let It Snow\You Better Watch Out\Nine Ladies Dancing by Emilie Richards, Janice Kay Johnson, & Sarah Mayberry — I’ve had this one wishlisted for FOREVER, because I love collecting books by Ms. Mayberry. So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for $1.99 from its usual $5+, I snagged it! Still on sale!
- Well Hung (Big Rock #3) by Lauren Blakely — I’ve been collecting/wishlisting this author’s books recently, partly because she’ll be at Book Bonanza, and partly because she’s popular among bloggers I follow. So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for 99 cents from its usual $4.99, I one-clicked! Still on sale!